
A couple weekends ago I drove down to the valley to hang out with my friend, Meegan. Her birthday was back in August and for her bday present I bought us tickets to the "Marvelous Wonderettes" at the Phoenix Theatre. We had dinner at the Grand Luxe in Scottsdale and then went to the musical. We had so much fun and it made me really miss having her as my neighbor. There is nothing better than having one of your best friends live right next door to you...I was super spoiled. I am just so glad that we have remained such great friends since I have moved and that we continue to have good times.
I also received a new church calling. I am still the Relief Society Meeting Coordinator and in the process of planning our next big "Party" coming up in March, but now I am also the Assistant Stake Camp Director. I am so excited about this calling...I have missed being in Young Women's and now I get to go to camp with them. The Stake Camp Director is Brenda Trask and she is amazing. She has called me to be in charge of the High Adventure Activities, service projects, hikes and photography. I have been praying for opportunities to meet more people and get more involved with church and the community...be careful what you pray for because God most certainly will answer your prayers:) Camp will be in October this year because the youth have the Pioneer Trek this summer. Payson stake doesn't normally get to use Camp Lomia because of the valley wards using it in the summer, but with our later camp date we get to go there this year...thank goodness because I just don't do wilderness/tent camping.
Last Sunday, our friends, the Forts, drove up to have a slumber party, since the kids didn't have school on Monday for MLK day. We had so much fun playing games, chatting and just having a good time with our friends. Monday was kind of a crummy weather day with rain and all, but Dave took the kids up to the Pine area to play in the snow...they had a blast. We are so glad they came up and had such a fun time hanging out.
We got to have another fun slumber party this past weekend with Sarah, Chance and McKai. They drove up on Friday and we had a babysitter all ready for when they got here. The kids got to hang out with Breezy while we went out to dinner and then went bowling. It was a blast...I forgot how much fun bowling is. Unfortunately, the Clarksons took a pretty bad beating from Brett and I but they were good sports. We will blame Sarah's low score on being prego. Oh, that's right...I don't think I have posted this yet but my little sista is PREGNANT! We are so darn excited. Sarah is due in July and everything is going really well...besides her being super tired and suffering a few sick episodes...she and we couldn't be more thrilled. It's about time the grandkid count went up. In fact, I was telling Bradock and Raylee that Sarah was going to have a baby and that it was in her tummy and they both told me "We weren't in your tummy mom...you had us in your hands." Hahaha...I just love that. We are very open with them about being adopted and so it is fun to start hearing them connect things a little bit. They don't fully understand yet, but I am glad that they know that a very special lady loved them very much and wanted them to have a good family.
Well, Brett is doing really well at the new practice and is extremely busy. I have heard nothing but good things about him from people around town...makes a woman proud to hear those things. I have always known it, but it is so nice when people comment on what a wonderful person he is. Besides work he has stayed busy with his hunting excursions. I guess deer season is over, but javelina days are coming up...lucky us:)
Monday, January 23, 2012
Lots Going On
Posted by Flaherty Fam at 3:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Fun to catch up on you guys. Give us a call next time you guys are down! We would love to get together!!
Post a Comment